Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Ruuuuuuuuna!!

Well, my dear sweet child, you are going to be a loved, cherished, adored little princess in your mommy and daddy's kingdom ^_^

I am already so excited about carting my little angel around to fairy festival, Ren Faire, and aaaaall the other amazing things that make girl child hood magical and sweet.

I made it over to see my mother today and we had a nice visit. I had originally not wanted to pressure her to be at our home birth. I know that she is limited in her interaction with other people, and women especially. I think it will be a great group of ladies though, and that all in all they would make her feel ok. I was inspired by a home birth video I saw and the person who had the child was in the tub with all the ladies in her life around her who loved her, leaning over the edge, singing to her and the baby and mom was singing tooo!!! It makes me cry even thinking about that moment!!

She commented that she thinks I am in a totally different head space now than I ever have been and she is very impressed with the level of information I have gone looking for. It's nice to hear that from her. I hope that with where she is at in her life, maybe this can be a special and empowering thing for her as well.

So in my birth plan, I have the following people on the birthing "team" list. My mother, my mother in law, my sister in law, my midwife, my doula, and my massage therapist. I figure not everyone will likely be there the whole time besides the midwife. The ladies can take shifts as labor progresses and then I'm hoping, when she comes, my mom and mother in law and husband will be there. Those are the most important people for me.

My Nana was very excited ^_^ I think Runa will call her Omi, as my mom called her grandmother. I like Nana for my mom. I think my Dad wants to be Pappy, and his wife is Mimi. She will be about 15 months younger than her girl cousin (my step family) Adeline (Addy), she has a 6 year old cousin on my husbands side (Briella) and also Ruby who is 2 and a half now I believe so I really hope she will have plenty of girl family. Her cousin Quinten is 5ish and Eli is about 2.

ANYHOW, I had my husband film the emotional session at Womb with a View in Lemoyne, and I very much apologize for the quality...he didn't seem to understand what to do, and I forgot to tell him I want him to show all my reactions and the screen. *grr* but here it is ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment