Wednesday, January 26, 2011

it's a fat foot water retaining kind of day

It's snowing again. It's warm and cozy inside my home though, and I'm sure Runa feels warm and safe.

I pulled more stuff out of my closet today, some is going to a vintage clothing store for cash/trade and some is going up online. Every time I do this is can be a little difficult but the end feeling is lighter and more space in my room to move around and I do know...it needs to be done. I don't wear more than half of the stuff, even when I am not encumbered with baby belly.

Any room I can make for Runa is not only necessary, but an exercise in living for my child and not for myself. I can sometimes resort to selfish tactics to cope with life and there just isn't room for this anymore. It's time to face it; we rent a small house, and we have more than we need here.

There will always be amazing vintage items out there I can buy once we live in a bigger space, and have a better combined income. Right now, I can be stylish with fewer pieces in my closet. I need to learn to let go of things, so I can learn to let go of other things clogging up my psyche as well.

Here's a picture of her blanket:





No comments:

Post a Comment