Monday, January 24, 2011

...hard to believe...

Next week is already the first week in February!

I was supposed to have some kind of baby shower, I suppose and a few people have asked about it. I honestly don't care about having one!

It feels like too much stress, and I just wish after we have the baby, we could have a party for you, and people could bring gifts if they wanted to. It just seems to me that we have been able to get a lot of things free from homes with older kids and babies, and that we ought to just get it all that way...I mean as much as what is possible. I know there are things we will need to buy new, but it seems like there are plenty out there that are already made, needing to be used.

Like for instance, bottles. What happens to them once you're done? They ought to just be passed on to some other new baby who needs them. I will be SO happy to donate and give away all the baby stuff Runa out grows!

i have become very conscious of the earth lately and I would like to be more kind to her. There are simple practical things I can do in order to stop contributing to pollution. Conserving resources, recycling things, and working in gardens are some plans for the new year.

Long term, I think I would like to take the chemical aspect of my cosmetology practice, out of my menu of available services. I would prefer to be focusing on wellness and natural beauty. I am becoming aware of every chemical I put down the drain now. Just as I am watching everything I put into my body for my baby, I am leary of how I am hurting the Earth.

I predict in a few short years I am likely to become a tree hugging hippie. I'm already lusting after comfy hemp sandals and homemade skirts and pants on etsy. ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment