Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Food Blog

I has been feeling an itchy wrist to start making quilts....and maxi dresses. And baby maxi dress cocoons...^_^

There is a hole in the couch where the rear of this pregnant mama sits every day. Husband said his Mum wants to get us a recliner sectional for the baby and that makes me feel excited! I imagine it in maroon...and how much b.s. Ima hafta take about the cats and getting them declawed. Luckily it's expensive and we don't have the money!

I have ordered the birth tub liner ^_^ Waiting on it to arrive! Listed tons of vintage earrings on etsy: girltwinexchange There's also some vintage clothing, of which, I have more to list! Being home has allowed for me to have more time for these things...which I think I am going to enjoy doing more and more as I figure out my groove of getting it all in some kind of schedule.

Another client I had once had from Ulta called this week. Surprise surprise, their arch expert is horrible and their salon hasnt satisfied her. ^_^ So i have to give her a calla nd set something up before baby arrives.

Runa is very active and strong! I say this all the time but it's become my mantra for her! I want to raise a strong confident daughter who has been prepared for life. If she's anything like us, she will be sensitive and artistic and it can be hard when your feelers are naturally set to 'hyper aware'. My belly just ripples with her little elbows and knees and feet!

My body is doing better lately than it has however my throat up around my ears inside has been feeling like it could be sore. I have been planning our meals and lunches more closely lately and it seems to be having a really positive effect on my peace of mind. More salads and fruit options need to be the majority of our diets, no matter if we want to eat them or not. Once you push yourself to be healthier, the need for garbage food (our bodies doesn't process well anyhow) becomes obsolete.

I am begining to become keener with what gets wasted and what is used soonest as well. It seems in
7 full days we went through about

5 gallons of spring water
2 cartons of milk
3 cartons of juice

(cartons are half gallons I believe)

1.5 bags of salad greens
2.5 loaves of bread
one small salad dressing
1.5 containers of trail mix with nuts and fruit and chocolate
1.5 containers of almonds/cashews

about 3/4 lb lunch meat
about 1/2 lb cheese
5 apples
3 bananas
1 small package of blueberries

I would def step up the amount of fruit and nuts that I got, but maybe split up the shopping trips to twice per week. Salad greens are better if you get one at a time (by the bottom of the second you are starting to get slimy leaves) and I like getting smaller containers of things like dressing and mayo because it seems to be fresher product...tho the idea of all those smaller containers in the recycling bin does hurt a little.

We also got cans of soup and things like brown rice and canned veggies and meats. We seem to be eating salmon chicken and steak predominantly.

This summer I am hoping to have a raised bed garden with things like herbs, tomatoes, sweet peas, leafy greens like arugula and chikory and spinach. We have a family of squirrels I am nervous about...hopefully I can compensate them enough that they won't need my fresh veggies! We found our holiday pumpkins with holes and the seeds and pulp dragged out this year..ha ha, it was cute.

I hope to get into canning this year as well. My husband spent some money last year and bought the entire new printed series of the Fox Fire Books, so I have a feeling I am going to learn a few other earthen things this year too!



No comments:

Post a Comment