Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Birthday and New Glasses!

Here's my dad with Runa on July 4th, my 27th birthday.


she's a little grumpy due to some serious teething. <3 my poor little velvet head. :(




My husband and I got our yearly set of glasses, thanks to our fantastic health insurance. Runa hasn't made any indication she needs them, but these were too cute not to try on! CUTE baby cartoon face, ahhhh!!!


Yes, I turned 27...I can't believe it. I remember when I thought 30 was old. Back when I had plastic horsies and obsessions with boys named Michael. Back when you are still a girl, but you know you'll get your period sometime soon cuz all the other girls have.

Now, no longer a girl, but feeling like a strong young woman...fearful but full of hoping faith isn't foolish, I realize 30 is really just the beginning. You still have 30 more good years if you play your cards right and even 30 after that if you're lucky.

So now I'm thinking about how our lives will be in 30 years...since I couldn't imagine it before. But I think I still feel that way. Runa will be around my age...what will she have accomplished? How will she balance her fire with her gentleness? How will our relationship have changed...?? So many things to think about. ^_^

Like how will I view this moment in time then?

Runa is growing all the time. She will be 3 months and 3 weeks old on Saturday. I am so excited for sitting up! And Rolling over!!! Teething is a bummer, she has been rather crabby. But she's okay with lots of naps and binky time.

I don't feel the need to fight with myself so much about "me" time anymore. One of the toughest things about Runa is she doesn't like to sit still too long. Constant change in pace, sound, and what she's seeing is pretty important to her. But she has taught me how to enjoy holding her and surrender to being present with her. I love the way she holds on to me and responds to my rocking and voice.

She amazed me yesterday... I unwrapped something and was crinkling the plastic wrapper. She seemed interested so I showed her and made exaggerated movements with my hands so she could understand. She let loose the vintage hanky in her hand, grabbed the plastic, and began to crinkle it!! I'm so proud I could blind everyone with this smile, ha ha. She is holding up her head and chest so much now, and lays over my shoulder squeeking and growling and listening to her voice.

I'm feeling like life is getting some where back to normal. There have been some serious bumps in the road but we are still going strong. I am kind of a 'severe highs and lows girl' sometimes, but I can say for sure that I have a beautiful and blessed life. I have been spending time with friends and feel loved. My husband and I are ever growing, as parents, and now more than ever as people. The world seems a far different place once you feel what it is to love a child and surrender your life to them.

I got this tattoo today (part one) and it symbolizes the constant growth of he and I's relationship. He is getting a matching one on his foot in a week or two.






No comments:

Post a Comment